Topics

FW: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review

Hi,

If anyone here on NVDA development list are interested in maintaining any of these add-ons listed below, please do so (and do let NVDA add-ons list about your intentions).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 2:28 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review #AddonRelease

Hi,

I hereby declare end of support from me on the add-ons listed below. Golden Cursor and ObjPad will be maintained by whoever is going to do it, while the other three are in need of new homes. This also means that we need to change the fork source for these five add-ons once new maintainers are found. For ones needing new homes, I hope a new maintainer will step up by January 31, 2020.

Current repositories:

I’ll keep these repositories online until later in 2020 (likely until summer), at which I’ll evaluate whether I should remove them from my repo or not. Even though these repos are online, there will be no more commits to them – not even localization updates will be committed on repos linked above. Anyone wishing to fork it for their own use (and preferably to maintain it going forward) are welcome to do so- you should now be using Python 3 to build these add-ons and test it with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

Thank you to everyone who have provided feedback on these five add-ons for the last few years.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
<mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
<nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual
Review #AddonRelease

[...]

Travis Siegel

If by the time you abandon the support for these plugins, nobody has stepped up, I'll take them.  It will be a great way to teach myself more about NVDA in general, and these plugins specifically.  It may lead me to more ideas for future plugins.  I am not a big fan of python though, so I'll happily wait for others to take the ones they like, so that (hopefully) there will be fewer to support. :)  I'll pull the repos now though, and begin studying the code to get familiar with them, so the transition can be seamless.

On 1/3/2020 5:29 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Just for reference, virtual review wants a login before it will clone.

The others worked fine though.  I didn't fork them, I just cloned them to my local drive as I normally do with projects.  If noboty take shtem, then perhaps a fork will be in order, but until then, I'm just looking. :)

[...]

Alberto Buffolino

Travis Siegel, il 04/01/2020 05.43, ha scritto:
Just for reference, virtual review wants a login before it will clone.
Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :)
Otherwise, check the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the (erroneus) asking for login.
However, this is my fork (no commit by me at the moment):
https://github.com/ABuffEr/virtualReview
Alberto

Hello,
I will alsso make a fork of these repos soon.
Note: as I am not currently able to make often development (lack of
knowledge is one of the issues), this will be done for my personal
interest. The continuous development should happen on repos forked by
others.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Paulius

Hi,
Oops, sorry for the typo in the forwarded post.

updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad,
SystrayList, Virtual Review

Travis Siegel, il 04/01/2020 05.43, ha scritto:
Just for reference, virtual review wants a login before it will clone.
Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :) Otherwise, check
the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the
(erroneus) asking for login.
However, this is my fork (no commit by me at the moment):
https://github.com/ABuffEr/virtualReview
Alberto

Travis Siegel

Thanks, that one worked, got it now too.

On 1/4/2020 5:46 AM, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
Travis Siegel, il 04/01/2020 05.43, ha scritto:
Just for reference, virtual review wants a login before it will clone.
Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :)
Otherwise, check the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the (erroneus) asking for login.
However, this is my fork (no commit by me at the moment):
https://github.com/ABuffEr/virtualReview
Alberto

Julien Cochuyt

Hi,

Joseph, as discussed during NVDA Con, we could take care of ObjPad and EasyTableNavigator if you are so inclined.
Current location of our forks:

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

[...]