Topics

FW: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review

Hi,

If anyone here on NVDA development list are interested in maintaining any of these add-ons listed below, please do so (and do let NVDA add-ons list about your intentions).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 2:28 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review #AddonRelease

Hi,

I hereby declare end of support from me on the add-ons listed below. Golden Cursor and ObjPad will be maintained by whoever is going to do it, while the other three are in need of new homes. This also means that we need to change the fork source for these five add-ons once new maintainers are found. For ones needing new homes, I hope a new maintainer will step up by January 31, 2020.

Current repositories:

I’ll keep these repositories online until later in 2020 (likely until summer), at which I’ll evaluate whether I should remove them from my repo or not. Even though these repos are online, there will be no more commits to them – not even localization updates will be committed on repos linked above. Anyone wishing to fork it for their own use (and preferably to maintain it going forward) are welcome to do so- you should now be using Python 3 to build these add-ons and test it with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

Thank you to everyone who have provided feedback on these five add-ons for the last few years.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 2:18 PM
Subject: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review #AddonRelease

Hello all,

The next wave of January 2020 add-on releases consists of letting go of add-ons I’m no longer maintaining. These include Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, and Virtual Review. These five add-ons (plus Screen Curtain) were maintained on behalf of the community for a while, and in order to reduce my workload, I’m letting go of these. For some, another maintainer will be maintaining them, while others are looking for new homes.

Update details (updates will show up in a few hours from now):

• Easy Table Navigator, ObjPad, Virtual Review: updated with modern NVDA features.
  • Golden Cursor and SystrayList: not only updated to use modern NVDA features, they are incompatible with old releases. For SystrayList, donation request dialog has been removed.

Note that all of these add-ons now require NVDA 2019.3 or later (if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, you can ignore these updates for now).

Cheers,

Joseph

DaVid

Hi.

Although lately I don't have much time, I really use gold cursor. So I
can support this add-on, I'd like to add new features.

What do you think about implement the basic mouse movement in the NVDA core?
I know that windows has a feature to do it, but is hard to use and
needs the numpad, that isn't available on many laptops.
Currently the users don't have a easy way to move the mouse, and use a
real mouse is sometimes very inexact.

Regards,
DaVid.

2020-01-03 16:29 GMT-06:00, Joseph Lee <@joslee>:

Hi,

If anyone here on NVDA development list are interested in maintaining any
of
these add-ons listed below, please do so (and do let NVDA add-ons list
about
your intentions).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via Groups.Io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3:
goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual
Review #AddonRelease

Hi,

I hereby declare end of support from me on the add-ons listed below. Golden
Cursor and ObjPad will be maintained by whoever is going to do it, while
the
other three are in need of new homes. This also means that we need to
change
the fork source for these five add-ons once new maintainers are found. For
ones needing new homes, I hope a new maintainer will step up by January 31,

Current repositories:

* Easy Table Navigator: https://github.com/josephsl/easytablenavigator
* Golden Cursor: https://github.com/josephsl/goldencursor
* ObjPad: https://github.com/josephsl/objpad
* SystrayList: https://github.com/josephsl/systraylist
* Virtual Review: https://github.com/josephss/virtualreview

I'll keep these repositories online until later in 2020 (likely until
summer), at which I'll evaluate whether I should remove them from my repo
or
not. Even though these repos are online, there will be no more commits to
them - not even localization updates will be committed on repos linked
above. Anyone wishing to fork it for their own use (and preferably to
maintain it going forward) are welcome to do so- you should now be using
Python 3 to build these add-ons and test it with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

Thank you to everyone who have provided feedback on these five add-ons for
the last few years.

Cheers,

Joseph

<mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
<nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
<mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> > On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via
Groups.Io
<mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3:
goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual
Review #AddonRelease

Hello all,

The next wave of January 2020 add-on releases consists of letting go of
add-ons I'm no longer maintaining. These include Easy Table Navigator,
Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, and Virtual Review. These five add-ons
(plus Screen Curtain) were maintained on behalf of the community for a
while, and in order to reduce my workload, I'm letting go of these. For
some, another maintainer will be maintaining them, while others are looking
for new homes.

* Easy Table Navigator, ObjPad, Virtual Review: updated with modern
NVDA features.
* Golden Cursor and SystrayList: not only updated to use modern NVDA
features, they are incompatible with old releases. For SystrayList,
donation
request dialog has been removed.

Note that all of these add-ons now require NVDA 2019.3 or later (if you are
using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, you can ignore these updates for now).

Cheers,

Joseph

Travis Siegel

If by the time you abandon the support for these plugins, nobody has stepped up, I'll take them.  It will be a great way to teach myself more about NVDA in general, and these plugins specifically.  It may lead me to more ideas for future plugins.  I am not a big fan of python though, so I'll happily wait for others to take the ones they like, so that (hopefully) there will be fewer to support. :)  I'll pull the repos now though, and begin studying the code to get familiar with them, so the transition can be seamless.

On 1/3/2020 5:29 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

If anyone here on NVDA development list are interested in maintaining any of these add-ons listed below, please do so (and do let NVDA add-ons list about your intentions).

Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review #AddonRelease

Hi,

I hereby declare end of support from me on the add-ons listed below. Golden Cursor and ObjPad will be maintained by whoever is going to do it, while the other three are in need of new homes. This also means that we need to change the fork source for these five add-ons once new maintainers are found. For ones needing new homes, I hope a new maintainer will step up by January 31, 2020.

Current repositories:

I’ll keep these repositories online until later in 2020 (likely until summer), at which I’ll evaluate whether I should remove them from my repo or not. Even though these repos are online, there will be no more commits to them – not even localization updates will be committed on repos linked above. Anyone wishing to fork it for their own use (and preferably to maintain it going forward) are welcome to do so- you should now be using Python 3 to build these add-ons and test it with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

Thank you to everyone who have provided feedback on these five add-ons for the last few years.

Cheers,

Joseph

Subject: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review #AddonRelease

Hello all,

The next wave of January 2020 add-on releases consists of letting go of add-ons I’m no longer maintaining. These include Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, and Virtual Review. These five add-ons (plus Screen Curtain) were maintained on behalf of the community for a while, and in order to reduce my workload, I’m letting go of these. For some, another maintainer will be maintaining them, while others are looking for new homes.

• Easy Table Navigator, ObjPad, Virtual Review: updated with modern NVDA features.
  • Golden Cursor and SystrayList: not only updated to use modern NVDA features, they are incompatible with old releases. For SystrayList, donation request dialog has been removed.

Note that all of these add-ons now require NVDA 2019.3 or later (if you are using NVDA 2019.2.1 or earlier, you can ignore these updates for now).

Cheers,

Joseph

Travis Siegel

Just for reference, virtual review wants a login before it will clone.

The others worked fine though.  I didn't fork them, I just cloned them to my local drive as I normally do with projects.  If noboty take shtem, then perhaps a fork will be in order, but until then, I'm just looking. :)

On 1/3/2020 5:29 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Hi,

Current repositories:

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Alberto Buffolino

Travis Siegel, il 04/01/2020 05.43, ha scritto:
Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :)
Otherwise, check the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the (erroneus) asking for login.
However, this is my fork (no commit by me at the moment):
https://github.com/ABuffEr/virtualReview
Alberto

Hello,
I will alsso make a fork of these repos soon.
Note: as I am not currently able to make often development (lack of
knowledge is one of the issues), this will be done for my personal
interest. The continuous development should happen on repos forked by
others.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Paulius

Hi,
Oops, sorry for the typo in the forwarded post.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alberto
Buffolino
Sent: Saturday, January 4, 2020 2:47 AM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] FW: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on
updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad,
SystrayList, Virtual Review

Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :) Otherwise, check
the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the
(erroneus) asking for login.
Alberto

Travis Siegel

Thanks, that one worked, got it now too.

On 1/4/2020 5:46 AM, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
Alberto:
Hi Travis,
there is a typo in that URL, it's josephsl, not josephss :)
Otherwise, check the URL you pasted, it may be truncated, so the (erroneus) asking for login.
Alberto

Julien Cochuyt

Hi,

Joseph, as discussed during NVDA Con, we could take care of ObjPad and EasyTableNavigator if you are so inclined.
Current location of our forks:

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

Le ven. 3 janv. 2020 à 23:29, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> a écrit :

Hi,

Hi,

Current repositories:

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Thank you for taking care of them.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Julien Cochuyt
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 3:02 AM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io; nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] FW: [nvda-addons] Joseph Lee's January 2020 add-on updates wave 3: goodbye Easy Table Navigator, Golden Cursor, ObjPad, SystrayList, Virtual Review

Hi,

Joseph, as discussed during NVDA Con, we could take care of ObjPad and EasyTableNavigator if you are so inclined.

Current location of our forks:

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

Le ven. 3 janv. 2020 à 23:29, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> a écrit :

Hi,

Hi,

Current repositories:

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Joseph