Topics

Error when trying to update NVDA to 2019.2.1

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, thanks for fixing critical bugs in this version. I get this error:

ERROR - unhandled exception (10:35:03.559):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 733, in onClose
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 417, in _download
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 553, in __init__
KeyError: 'apiVersion

Cheers

This looks pretty severe. Could you please file a github issue for this along with steps to reproduce?

Noelia Ruiz

Yes, I haven't been able to update on Windows 10 and no on Windows 7,
in both Windows versions, but on Windows 10 I haven't seen the log.

This looks pretty severe. Could you please file a github issue for this
along with steps to reproduce?

Noelia Ruiz

Hi Leonard, please see this issue, just created by me as you requested:

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Yes, I haven't been able to update on Windows 10 and no on Windows 7,
in both Windows versions, but on Windows 10 I haven't seen the log.

This looks pretty severe. Could you please file a github issue for this
along with steps to reproduce?

Thanks Noelia. Pretty sure it is an issue on the update server, Mick will hopefully address this shortly.

Regards,

Leonard

Brian's Mail list account

Yes me too, so I'm not going to do a manual update.

Hi, thanks for fixing critical bugs in this version. I get this error:

ERROR - unhandled exception (10:35:03.559):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 733, in onClose
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 417, in _download
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 553, in __init__
KeyError: 'apiVersion

Cheers

Brian's Mail list account

Its now working again. I now have three copies of the latest stable and a beta which says there are no updates, plus an alpha snap.
Not sure where the beta fits in yet.

Yes me too, so I'm not going to do a manual update.

Hi, thanks for fixing critical bugs in this version. I get this error:

ERROR - unhandled exception (10:35:03.559):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 733, in onClose
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 417, in _download
File "updateCheck.pyo", line 553, in __init__
KeyError: 'apiVersion

Cheers

Noelia Ruiz

Mick has asked if it was fixed for us and I closed the issue, since
now it works: