Topics

Error running scons source

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

I get the following error when running scons source to prepare NVDA's
source code:
scons: *** [build\arm64\IAccessible2proxy.dll] Error 1104
I see that, in individual components for Visual Studio 2019, there are
several checkboxes with similar names related to:
* MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ ARM64 build tools
* C++ ATL for v142 build tools (ARM64)
I have checked the first checkbox related to these components.
May this issue be related to this? What are the exact checkboxes that
should be selected?

I have created an app module to fix issue #11302, where I described a
bug with Thorium reader and I was trying to create a PR, so I tried to
test in NVDA source code before submitting it, after testing with the
app module placed in the scratchpad folder.
This app module maybe too small to be maintained as a separate add-on,
so I was trying to send a PR.
Thanks

Nathaniel Schmidt

Hi,

Not sure if this is necessarily the cause of your problem but I think you also need the x86_64 components as well.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Schmidt
Undergraduate student
Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)
School of information Technology
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Deakin University, cloud campus
https://sync.deakin.edu.au/profiles/student/njschmidt

E: njschmidt@...
M: 0439591709
GitHub: https://github.com/njsch/
Skype: nathaniel_schmidt1994

7

On 4 Jul 2020, at 6:06 am, Noelia Ruiz <nrm1977@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello, many thanks. You gave me the key to solve the problem and find
the appropiate components in the dialog.
I have my NVDA source tree ready now. :)
Unfortunately the app module which I wanted to submit as a PR doesn't
work when it's placed in source\appModules, just when it's included in
scratchpad.
I have commented this at

Best

Not sure if this is necessarily the cause of your problem but I think you
also need the x86_64 components as well.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Schmidt
Undergraduate student
Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)
School of information Technology
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
Deakin University, cloud campus
https://sync.deakin.edu.au/profiles/student/njschmidt

E: njschmidt@...
M: 0439591709
GitHub: https://github.com/njsch/
Skype: nathaniel_schmidt1994

Sent from my iPhone 7

[...]

Glad my reply was helpful.  I was literally taking a stab in the dark.