Topics

Does NVDA not work with WPF Textbox and Rich text edit controls?

Tom Kingston

I’m writing a WPF app and with speak typed characters off and speak typed words on nothing is spoken in these controls until I enter a punctuation mark. For example, if I type an entire sentence with no punctuation nothing is spoken until I enter a period at the end. Then the sentence is spoken, but words are broken. Any punctuation within the sentence triggers the same reaction with what I’ve typed up to that point.

I downloaded the entire sample archive from Microsoft’s GitHub site and see the same behavior with their apps.

These controls work fine with Narrator and Window-Eyes.

Thanks,

Tom