Topics

Community ad-ons process and website update: legacy add-ons

Hi all,

The add-ons people have received numerous reports of incompatible add-ons listed on community add-ons website, along with reports of at least one add-on that wasn’t maintained actively until recently. To highlight these, a “legacy add-ons” section has been created at the following page:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/legacy.en.html

For purposes of record keeping, a legacy add-on is an add-on that is no longer actively maintained and/or incompatible with recent NVDA releases. When a new add-on maintainer is found or the add-on becomes compatible with recent NVDA releases, they will return to either “stable” or “development” status depending on the status prior to legacy declaration. Some add-ons will be removed after being declared “legacy” for some time if the add-on becomes unnecessary, mostly due to features from the add-on becoming part of NVDA screen reader.

Thank you.

I could be being thick here, but all I see here is screen curtain.

[...]

Only screen Curtain is shown for now because it was declared deprecated a
few days ago and this was reported to the community. There will be
additional add-ons added, pending notifications from add-on authors and the
community (NVDA Remote and Enhanced Aria, for instance), provided that:
1. We lost touch with add-on authors and nobody came forward to maintain
inactive add-ons.
2. Noted as incompatible with future NVDA releases (for now, 2019.3).

[...]

Noelia Ruiz

I will move there teamViewer too this weekend.CHEERCheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 27 nov 2019, a las 16:08, Joseph Lee <@joslee> escribió:

Hi,
[...]

James Scholes

Can I suggest a small wording update?

The following add-ons are no longer actively developed or
incompatible with recent NvDA releases.

If you remove the "actively developed or" bit, you get:

The following add-ons are no longer incompatible with recent NvDA
releases.

... which is obviously untrue.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 27/11/2019 at 1:13 am, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Ah, thanks for catching it.

> The following add-ons are no longer actively developed or incompatible
with recent NvDA releases.