Topics

Characters not spoken - Possible bug in latest alpha?

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
Yesterday at work I updated to the latest alpha and then it stopped speaking idividual characters. If I'm in any kind of textbox, i e Notepad, Visual Studio or Thunderbird, when arrowing left or right NVDA doesn't speak the characters.
The same happened today on my machine here at home and regardless what settings I changed the the behaviour persists. I reset the settings to factory default to no avail so I downloaded the 2019.3.1 release and installed it over the existing installation and now it works.

I couldn't stay on the alpha because it made developing in Visual Studio extremely hard and slow because I had to use my eyes.

Is this a known issue?

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
--
Karl-Otto Rosenqvist
MAWINGU

James Scholes

Are you using the Speech History add-on? That is known to cause that behaviour, if you haven't updated to the latest version:

https://github.com/jscholes/nvda-speech-history/releases/download/2020.2/speechHistory-2020.2.nvda-addon

Regards,

James Scholes

On 16/04/2020 at 9:12 am, Karl-Otto Rosenqvist wrote:
Hi!
Yesterday at work I updated to the latest alpha and then it stopped speaking idividual characters. If I'm in any kind of textbox, i e Notepad, Visual Studio or Thunderbird, when arrowing left or right NVDA doesn't speak the characters.
The same happened today on my machine here at home and regardless what settings I changed the the behaviour persists. I reset the settings to factory default to no avail so I downloaded the 2019.3.1 release and installed it over the existing installation and now it works.
I couldn't stay on the alpha because it made developing in Visual Studio extremely hard and slow because I had to use my eyes.
Is this a known issue?
Kind regards
Karl-Otto

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
That’s correcct. I was very glad when I saw that Speech History had been updated to work with the latest NVDA so I installed it. I took it from the community add on site so that’s probably the misstake I made.

Thanks very much. I’ll install the latest version of both NVDA alpha and Speech History later.

Cheers!

Karl-Otto
MAWINGU
0701-75 98 56
https://mawingu.se
Orgnr: 750804-3937

16 apr. 2020 kl. 16:15 skrev James Scholes <james@...>:

[...]

Jason Meddaugh

Glad this was fixed and that speech history is now available.

Curious what caused the bug?

Best regards,
Jason Meddaugh, President,
A T Guys