Topics

changing mainfests of nvda addons

Zachary Morris

Hello,

How to you change the minimum required nvda version and last tested nvda version? I am using one of the threshold snapshots and I was just wondering on how to do this.

--
Sent from my Dell windows 10 laptop

Rui Fontes

Hello!
1 - Unzip the addon, or open it with 7ZIP;
2 - Change those fields in manifest.ini;
3 - Compact again or allow 7ZIP to update the ZIP file...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:35 de 06/05/2019, Zachary Morris escreveu:

Hello,
How to you change the minimum required nvda version and last tested nvda version? I am using one of the threshold snapshots and I was just wondering on how to do this.

Zachary Morris

Hello,

Thanks rui. But what if those fields are not there in the manifests file as mentioned?

On 5/6/2019 3:48 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!
1 - Unzip the addon, or open it with 7ZIP;
2 - Change those fields in manifest.ini;
3 - Compact again or allow 7ZIP to update the ZIP file...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:35 de 06/05/2019, Zachary Morris escreveu:
Hello,

How to you change the minimum required nvda version and last tested nvda version? I am using one of the threshold snapshots and I was just wondering on how to do this.

Hi,
There is an under the surface problem that is masked by manifest edits: exactly what add-ons are affected? Because if you are using Threshold snapshots, you are effectively saying, "I'm willing to test backwards incompatible changes once they are ready". Hence, I think it would be best to contact authors of affected add-ons instead of editing manifests.
Cheers,
joseph

Thanks rui. But what if those fields are not there in the manifests file as mentioned?

On 5/6/2019 3:48 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!
1 - Unzip the addon, or open it with 7ZIP;
2 - Change those fields in manifest.ini;
3 - Compact again or allow 7ZIP to update the ZIP file...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:35 de 06/05/2019, Zachary Morris escreveu:
Hello,

How to you change the minimum required nvda version and last tested
nvda version? I am using one of the threshold snapshots and I was
just wondering on how to do this.

Brian's Mail list account

Or if like me you just want to see what happens when you allow existing add ons to be accepted, note this can be dangerous, but I'm sure you know that, Then open up, say a portable version of nvda threshold with add ons installed. go to the user config and add ons folder and have a look at the manifest file of, say Josephs add onupdater. Look at the last few lines which have the earliest and latest versions of nvda listed, there is also another line that says whether only stable releases are looked for and in some min windows version as well. The whole lot can be cut and pasted into a text file and simply cut and pasted onto the manifest file of any other add on in the list in that folder.

Brian.

1 - Unzip the addon, or open it with 7ZIP;
2 - Change those fields in manifest.ini;
3 - Compact again or allow 7ZIP to update the ZIP file...

Rui Fontes

Às 14:35 de 06/05/2019, Zachary Morris escreveu:
Hello,

How to you change the minimum required nvda version and last tested nvda version? I am using one of the threshold snapshots and I was just wondering on how to do this.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes, but many may not be a problem when problems do show up you can attempt to contact the author. I think one of the main things that needs to happen is for whoever contacts the author to be prepared for them to say, making it python 3 compatible is too much work. at that point one also needs to ask them if they might be prepared to donate the whole project to the community so others with more knowledge can have a go at the conversion.

So far the only one that definitely is going to give issues is the 3D sounds add on. If there is an alternative that can do this stereo and sound change bit then I'd get it and use it, but its not obvious to me from a quick scan of the add ons list.