From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 12:37 AM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Change of character when reading

When reading the following line, NVDA replaces the minus symbol, UNICODE 8722, by the dash symbol, UNICODE 45:

Speaking ['8 − 5=3']

Reading by character, the minus character is correctly read.

Rui Fontes

Rui Fontes

Just what is spoken...

I have checked in the log, and the instruction to the synth is to spoke the character 8722.

The wrong announcement of the character is common to all synts...

The only entry in the dictionaries for that character is the one created by me...

Rui Fontes

Às 08:01 de 03/12/2019, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escreveu:

Do you mean in reality, or just what is spoken, ie could it be a dictionary change somewhere?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
When reading the following line, NVDA replaces the minus symbol, UNICODE 8722, by the dash symbol, UNICODE 45:

Speaking ['8 − 5=3']

Reading by character, the minus character is correctly read.

Rui Fontes

Brian's Mail list account

Does what it says change due to the context or location at all?