Topics

Automatic braille not working with BAUM

Tage Johansson

Hi,

The automatic braille display detection doesn't work with my BAUM VarioUltra braille display.
When I unplug and plug the display, nothing appears on it. The braille display tells me that it got connection with the computer, but NVDA doesn't seems to find it.

How ever, if I go to Preferences -> Braille and click on Change and chooses Automatic again, then it just starts to work.

This seems to be a bug in NVDA, and I would be very happy to have it fixed.
So maybe someone can fix it or point me in the right direction how to fix it.

Best regards,
Tage

Hey Tage,

Thanks for your report. What version of Windows are you using?

Regards,

Leonard

On 20-8-2019 17:40, Tage Johansson wrote:
Hi,

The automatic braille display detection doesn't work with my BAUM VarioUltra braille display.
When I unplug and plug the display, nothing appears on it. The braille display tells me that it got connection with the computer, but NVDA doesn't seems to find it.

How ever, if I go to Preferences -> Braille and click on Change and chooses Automatic again, then it just starts to work.

This seems to be a bug in NVDA, and I would be very happy to have it fixed.
So maybe someone can fix it or point me in the right direction how to fix it.

Best regards,
Tage

Tage Johansson

Windows 10

Best regards Tage,

On 8/20/2019 7:23 PM, Leonard de Ruijter wrote:

[...]

I've tried this recently with an Ultra but couldn't reproduce the issue. It might be best to file an issue at githu. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/new

Regards,

Leonard