Topics

Aspects of snapshots

Brian's Mail list account

Would I be right then in now stopping having threshold or threshold staging snaps and concentrating on alpha for python 3 testing Installed stable and say a beta and a late beta/rc snap? The sheer number of different snaps recently has caused confusion I think.
Also is it basically the case that 2019.3 will basically be the same as 2019.2 but python 3, sound refactor and bug fixes rather than any big new features so all the wrinkles can be ironed out? That would also help add ons catch up and give time for those who use add ons not updated to still use the old version.

I shall continue to modify manifests, just to see what happens but disable if things look shaky. Some fixes should be simple, like the missing prompts in the extended winamp, but I'd think the very handy 3d sound add on is going to annoy me after coming to know the noises!

Toolbar Explorer needs a fix, as this has proved very useful.

Reef Turner

Yes, please start using the alpha snapshots (these are based on master). Very little, if anything, will be delivered to threshold / threshold_py3_staging. If anything is delivered to those branches, it will be merge back to master after a short time.

While the initial plan was to have a minimal 2019.3 release for the benefit of ease of debugging issues. We have instead decided to allow new features into the 2019.3 release, we decided it was more important to address the backlog of PR’s. That said our primary focus this release is to achieve the best stability that we can. Therefore bug fixes will be prioritised over new features.

--

Reef Turner
Software Developer

www.nvaccess.org