Topics

Alpha 18199: Make a way to clear the log viewer.

Andy B.

Hi,

As an add-on developer, I frequent the log viewer in NVDA. Sometimes the log viewer can get cluttered with unwanted log entries. For example, while testing alpha 18199 and Chrome, I received many error tones. Unfortunately, it appeared most of them were the same error, and it became difficult determining where one error started and the next one stopped. It would be handy to have a way to clear the log viewer in these cases. Maybe it can be made available after checking a warning that all previous log entries will be lost?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Luke Davis

This might be able to help you.

It's part of an add-on in progress. Use it in your scratchpad.

It inserts mark lines into your log, and can be configured to add blank lines.

I believe it's python 3 compatible, but haven't actually tested it with alpha.

https://github.com/XLTechie/logHelper/raw/master/addon/globalPlugins/logHelper.py

Luke