From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 4:19 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-devel] Add-on Template: latest happenings

Hi all,

Some important edits were made to community add-on template (source code: https://github.com/nvdaaddons/addonTemplate), mostly dealing with sconstruct file:

  • Custom versions and add-on documentation: previously when generating add-on documentation from command line tools, a custom version specified from command line would not be applied to add-on documentation. This has been fixed.
  • Add-on documentation: now generates HTML5 (credit: Noelia Martinez).

Also, some parts of add-on template will be subject to Flake8 tests/edits (mostly sconstruct), and hopefully modernizing sconstruct in the process. I don’t expect add-ons to use the new sconstruct, but I highly encourage you to update add-on source code based on latest happenings with the community add-on template to add uniformity.

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, though I prefer not to make cross posting, since this is sent to
the dev and add-ons list, I will reply to all.

- I have approved a pull request from Julien reverting background and
text color in stylesheet). I want to say thanks to Chris Leo, main
author of emoticons, contributor of eSpeak NG with great contribution
for spanish community, reviewer of add-ons like reportPasswords, part
of the translation team for Italian and contributor as an author of
placeMarkers and eMule add-ons.
He contributed a stylesheet created in spanish community, where we
posted add-ons before this international list was created.
Add-on template could also benefit from Mesar's contributions (we
worked on GitHub Actions and he created an action to check if add-ons
are or not using the latest version of addon template). Also Abdel
made great contributions to appveyor. I think add-on template should
be uniformized according with the expected future add-on workflow.
Cheers

Some important edits were made to community add-on template (source code:
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/addonTemplate), mostly dealing with
sconstruct
file:

* Custom versions and add-on documentation: previously when generating
add-on documentation from command line tools, a custom version specified
from command line would not be applied to add-on documentation. This has
been fixed.
* Add-on documentation: now generates HTML5 (credit: Noelia Martinez).

Also, some parts of add-on template will be subject to Flake8 tests/edits
(mostly sconstruct), and hopefully modernizing sconstruct in the process. I
don't expect add-ons to use the new sconstruct, but I highly encourage you
to update add-on source code based on latest happenings with the community
add-on template to add uniformity.

Don’t worry – Flake8 tests isn’t mandatory.