Topics

About ui.message in NVDA 2019.3

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I am adapting an add-on for NVDA 2019.3 and I have noticed strange behavior at speak messages.

I have something like this:

x, y = winUser.getCursorPos()
ui.messages("cursor in %d,%d" % (x,y))
winUser.setCursorPos(a, b)
ui.message("Moved to %d,%d" % (a,b))

in 2019.2 and earlier all messages are spoken, as always, but in 2019.3 beta the first message is spoken but not the second or the following.

Is there any reason for this or is it perhaps a mistake?

Greeetings

Javi Dominguez

Reef Turner

Hi Javi,

This sounds suspicious, given the speech refactor work, there could indeed be changed behaviour here. Did you get to the bottom of why this occurs?

Reef Turner
Software Developer @ NV Access

I am adapting an add-on for NVDA 2019.3 and I have noticed strange behavior at speak messages.

I have something like this:

x, y = winUser.getCursorPos()
ui.messages("cursor in %d,%d" % (x,y))
winUser.setCursorPos(a, b)
ui.message("Moved to %d,%d" % (a,b))

in 2019.2 and earlier all messages are spoken, as always, but in 2019.3 beta the first message is spoken but not the second or the following.

Is there any reason for this or is it perhaps a mistake?

Greeetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I have not found out the cause but I have limited the problem. It occurs only when the mouse button is locked.

In the following code:

        ui.message("Before pressing the button")
winUser.mouse_event(winUser.MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN,0,0,None,None)
        time.sleep(1.0)
        ui.message("While the button is pressed")
 winUser.mouse_event(winUser.MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP,0,0,None,None)
        ui.message("After lifting the button")
Only the first message is spoken. However, if I delete the second line all are spoken.

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

El 06/01/2020 a las 17:40, Reef Turner escribió:
Hi Javi,

This sounds suspicious, given the speech refactor work, there could indeed be changed behaviour here. Did you get to the bottom of why this occurs?

Reef Turner
Software Developer @ NV Access

I am adapting an add-on for NVDA 2019.3 and I have noticed strange behavior at speak messages.

I have something like this:

x, y = winUser.getCursorPos()
ui.messages("cursor in %d,%d" % (x,y))
winUser.setCursorPos(a, b)
ui.message("Moved to %d,%d" % (a,b))

in 2019.2 and earlier all messages are spoken, as always, but in 2019.3 beta the first message is spoken but not the second or the following.

Is there any reason for this or is it perhaps a mistake?

Greeetings

Javi Dominguez

Marlon Brandão de Sousa

Not sure weather this is intended or not but one of your lines is ui.message and the other is ui.messages (with an s)

On 21/12/2019 19:06, Javi Domínguez wrote:
Hello.

I am adapting an add-on for NVDA 2019.3 and I have noticed strange behavior at speak messages.

I have something like this:

x, y = winUser.getCursorPos()
ui.messages("cursor in %d,%d" % (x,y))
winUser.setCursorPos(a, b)
ui.message("Moved to %d,%d" % (a,b))

in 2019.2 and earlier all messages are spoken, as always, but in 2019.3 beta the first message is spoken but not the second or the following.

Is there any reason for this or is it perhaps a mistake?

Greeetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hi. It is true. It was a mistake but it was not real code, just an example.