Topics

#project-idea Grouping similar issues by project #project-idea

Noelia Ruiz

Yes, I didn"t know what cars are. This explanation is useful and I like the idea of using projects.
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 1 may 2020, a las 13:17, Reef Turner <reef@...> escribió:

Yes, the GitHub project boards need some work to be easy to use with a screen reader that's for sure. Cards are just issues, but can be organized within the project by using the columns. The columns on these projects are automated, cards / issues will automatically move from "to do", "in progress", "review in progress", "review approved", "done" as the work progresses. For most, these details are probably not that useful, but may be interesting.

For most people, it's probably adequate to use the filter on the issue list project: is:open is:issue project:nvaccess/nvda/7
If you don't know the project number, use the 'projects' button on the issues page to select the project to filter by, it is announced as "clickable  button  collapsed  subMenu    Projects".
You can also find out which project and column an issue is in by looking at the issue itself. After labels is projects. It tells you which projects this issue is part of, the status of that project (done / in progress/ to do) and then the column the issue is in.

I hope this is helpful.

Reef Turner

[...]

Hi, I like the idea of projects to make easier to pay attention to
specific and related issues. Anyway, a short explanation about the
differences between projects, cars and columns maybe useful for screen
reader users, at least for me :)
I have seen the shortcuts provided by GitHub pressing ?, but I don't
know how to interact with projects, though columns seem to be under
headings of level 3 and we can press g to go to issues, I think.
Kind regards

I'd like to take advantage of GitHub's projects feature to make it easier
for new and existing developers to find work relevant to their interest,
group related work to help ensure it works towards a common goal and
generally be more organized.

I have just created one such project: [Project] Bullet / list UX (
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/projects/7 )

These NVDA dev community projects will be prefaced with "[Project]" to make
filtering of the projects list easier with "is:open project" (
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/projects?query=is%3Aopen+project )

I'll add and announce these projects in 'nvda-devel' message board with the
hashtag #project-idea.

For now this can be considered a draft process. Any feedback on this is
welcome, for now I won't be creating a large collection of projects, first I
would like to see how NVDA devs react to this idea.

Marlon Brandão de Sousa

This would be a huge thing.

Obrigado,
Marlon

Em 30 de abr de 2020, à(s) 13:06, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> escreveu:

Hi,

At one point I was going to propose creating subgroups for people interested in doing specific work, but it looks like GitHub projects might be a bit more flexible.