From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sean Mealin
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 9:40 AM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Having NVDA interrupt itself using aria-live updates

I don't know of any way to use the NVDA controller client from Javascript running within a web browser unfortunately.

Sean

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 7:47 PM Christopher Pross <chpross42@...> wrote:

A short question, do you able to use the nvda-controler-client? So, maybe, you could use there the speech fuction directly and then use bool interoupt = true, for the first parameter to speak, you could for easy stop, use a emty string.

But in general javascript access to nvda, I don't know any way to access this function of nvda-controller. I don't know how javascript is sending text to the screenreader, if the way, is known, we could find a way. Maybe it is easier as we thing.

Am 28.03.2020 um 00:18 schrieb Sean Mealin:

Is there any other way to push text to NVDA from javascript that will have it interrupt speech?

Thanks

Sean

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:50 AM Bill Dengler <codeofdusk@...> wrote:

See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/10622

Although I think this might just be for UIA, not ARIA.

Bill