Topics

Threshold/add-on releases round 2: reverting recent releases/compatibility range changes, Threshold work from my add-ons put on hold #addonrelease

Brian's Mail list account

Ps that string of error warnings occurs on alpha snaps as well.

From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:55 PM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Threshold/add-on releases round 2: reverting recent releases/compatibility range changes, Threshold work from my add-ons put on hold #AddonRelease

Hi all,

After receiving feedback regarding recent add-on updates and compatibility
checks, I'm going to do two things:

1. Revert releases: although Project Threshold does say that NVDA
2019.3 is required, feature set isn't frozen. Thus I'm reverting recent
releases.
2. Threshold/add-on compatibility work put on hold: until the "real"
game changer comes to Threshold and getting clearance to introduce Threshold
work, I'm putting Threshold add-on work on hold for all my add-ons (for now,
all of my add-ons, including Add-on Updater, are affected by this hold).

For those using Add-on Updater: depending on if you've updated add-ons
recently or not, you'll either get no update announcement or a dialog asking
you to "update". Don't worry if update versions seem to be older than what
you might be using.

A note to anyone wishing to test Project Threshold with add-ons: at this
time, I advise against it until "green light" is issued from authorities.
The exception is for add-on developers who are interested in keeping an eye
on changes coming with this project - hold off releasing Threshold powered
add-on versions until told to do so.

Yes well even with all addons disabled the latest Threshold has a common warning as it comes out of the starting process anyway.

NVDA initialized
DEBUG - core.main (08:27:16.247):
entering wx application main loop
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalColumnNumber (08:27:16.269):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1160, in _get_presentationalColumnNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalRowNumber (08:27:16.269):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1111, in _get_presentationalRowNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
IO - speech.speak (08:27:16.269):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Desktop list']
DEBUGWARNING - characterProcessing._getSpeechSymbolsForLocale (08:27:16.269):
No CLDR data for locale en_GB
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalColumnNumber (08:27:16.401):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1160, in _get_presentationalColumnNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalRowNumber (08:27:16.401):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1111, in _get_presentationalRowNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
IO - speech.speak (08:27:16.404):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'sound - Shortcut 66 of 75']
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (08:27:27.950):
Input: kb(desktop):control+alt+r
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalColumnNumber (08:27:28.025):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1160, in _get_presentationalColumnNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalRowNumber (08:27:28.025):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1111, in _get_presentationalRowNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
IO - speech.speak (08:27:28.025):
Speaking [LangChangeCommand ('en_GB'), u'Taskbar']
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalColumnNumber (08:27:28.038):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1160, in _get_presentationalColumnNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
DEBUGWARNING - NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible._get_presentationalRowNumber (08:27:28.038):
value None is not an int
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 1111, in _get_presentationalRowNumber
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

Hope this is of help.
What you are basically saying then is this.

if you have just had messages to update add ons, then next time they will be downdated again. However this will mean that in effect in Threshold no add ons will work unless you want to test them by changing the manifest entry as things go forward, but at the moment, no critical changes exist as I see apart from the correction to the one core voices problem it is in fact beta with add ons disabled.
Obviously, you cannot yet be sure of the changes that nvaccess will make so actually trying to second guess these in an add on would be counter productive since you may need to change it when a stable bit of code that has been tested gets added to threshhold.

I have to say, I did kind of think that Murphy and his law might conspire against your good intentions here.
Its that old chestnut, there are known unknowns but also unknown unknowns......... grin.
Brian who does not know either!