Topics

Add Braille support for emojis

Alberto Buffolino

Corentin Bacqué-cazenave via Groups.Io, il 22/04/2019 17.27, ha scritto:
I think it would be interesting to offer support for emojis in Braille.
Alberto:
Hi Corentin,
I agree. And created an issue about it, some time ago:
Unfortunately, I have a good knowledge of Python, but no experience about NVDA Braille management, so I cannot provide any pull request.
Alberto

Gabriele Battaglia <iz4apu@...>

Hi Corentin.
I think it would be a great idea.

I use Braille every day with NVDA and it's a shame to see all those 0x character on my Display.
I could help to find Braille strings that rapresent the most common emojes.
Gabriele.

Corentin Bacqué-cazenave <corentin@...>

Hello,
I think it would be interesting to offer support for emojis in Braille.
In the emoji panel of Windows 10 for example, it would be nice if the selected emoji is displayed in Braille.
By cons, it would not necessarily good to display it all the time, to avoid making lines too big.
What do you think about this idea ?
Thank you.