Topics

[nvda-addons] Add-on Updater 18.12.2 released, manual update recommended, Python 3 readiness #addonrelease

joseph.lee22590@...

Hi,

If they were translated after December 7, chances are that they weren’t included because it didn’t show up via Git. I’ll keep an eye on this until December 14, and if that doesn’t change anything from source code, I’ll take a look at what’s up.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@...5458... <nvda-addons@...5458...> On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2018 9:39 AM
To: nvda-addons@...5458...; 'NVDA screen reader development' <nvda-devel@...>
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Add-on Updater 18.12.2 released, manual update recommended, Python 3 readiness #AddonRelease

Hey Joseph,

the translations are not displayed when installing the add-n updater. Are the translations linked to the NVDA language properly? I have installed manually the version 28.12.2 but the add-on is still in inglish although NVDA language is romanian or german. The add-on is translated both in romanian and german.

I have installed the version 18.12.2 manually but I did not remove the old version before. So it has updated the old version.

Best

Adriani

Von: nvda-addons@...5458... <nvda-addons@...5458...> Im Auftrag von Joseph Lee
Gesendet: Samstag, 8. Dezember 2018 18:09
An: 'NVDA screen reader development' <nvda-devel@...>
Betreff: [nvda-addons] Add-on Updater 18.12.2 released, manual update recommended, Python 3 readiness #AddonRelease

Hi all,

For those on development list, don’t worry about the hashtag.

I’m delighted to announce immediate release of Add-on Updater 18.12.2. In addition to localization updates, today’s update fixes an outstanding issue when installed on latest NVDA alpha builds, namely inability to download updates.

Also, I’m happy to announce that Add-on Updater is Python 3 ready. Although there are things to be done here and there, for the most part, it’ll run under Python 3 version of NVDA. At the same time, I have updated last tested version flag so you won’t have to sorry about running to issues until NVDA 2019.3.

IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 18.12.x is the last series to run on NVDA 2018.2. Starting from version 19.01, NVDA 2018.4 will be required.

For consideration for people using alpha snapshots and found themselves unable to update add-ons, I’ll be asking those on alpha snapshots to manually apply today’s build. For those using 2018.3.x and 2018.4 betas, you can go ahead and check for add-on updates.

The manual download link is:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

Cheers,

Joseph