Re: List of local GIT repositories in Visual Studio 16.6 not spoken correctly

Sean

Hello,

Press NVDA + num2

We need to check if there is a child.

On 27/07/2020 22:56, Karl-Otto Rosenqvist wrote:
Hi!
I updated my Visual Studio 2019 Community to version 16.6 and the GIT integration has been revamped. Now you have to connect the solution to a GIT repository and when the list of local repositories has focus and you move up and down with the arrow keys it only says "Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Git.Contracts.GitRepositoryInfo  2 of 31" so it's impossible to know what repository to connect to without sighted assistance.

After looking at the developer info, see below, I tried to get something useful with help of the Python Console but to no avail. I don't have enough knowledge to do it right now.
I tried via the SelectionItemPattern but when looking at the CurrentSelectionContainer property it seems as i just gets hold of the WPF ListView that contains the repositories.

Any ideas?

Developer info for navigator object:
name: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Git.Contracts.GitRepositoryInfo'
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
roleText: None
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SELECTABLE, STATE_FOCUSED, STATE_READONLY
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem object at 0x082C6950>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <class 'object'>)
description: ''
value: None
appModule: <'devenv' (appName 'devenv', process ID 15292) at address b25550>
appModule.productName: 'Microsoft® Visual Studio®'
appModule.productVersion: '16.6.30204.135'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 2426108
windowClassName: 'HwndWrapper[DefaultDomain;;f838e143-2e8f-491b-bf91-19f195bcc11e]'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 399441920
extendedWindowStyle: 262400
windowThreadID: 1348
windowText: 'KwendaService - Microsoft Visual Studio'
displayText: ''
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x5bec560 at 84ac850>
UIA automationID:
UIA frameworkID: WPF
UIA runtimeID: (7, 15292, 47949165)
UIA providerDescription: [pid:15292,providerId:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider (managed:MS.Internal.Automation.ElementProxy, PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)]
UIA className: ListBoxItem
UIA patterns available: ScrollItemPattern, SelectionItemPattern, SynchronizedInputPattern, LegacyIAccessiblePattern

Regards

Karl-Otto
--

Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.

Join nvda-devel@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.