Re: WXPython Submodule Issue When Running From Source

Nathaniel Schmidt

Hi Lukasz,

I have both editions installed but I did use the wrong one via the system environment variable...

Nathaniel

On 10 Jun 2020, at 4:31 am, Lukasz Golonka <lukasz.golonka@mailbox.org> wrote:

´╗┐Hello,

It looks like you've launched NVDA with the wrong version of Python -
NVDA can be started only with 3.7 32-bit.

--
Regards
Lukasz

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 18:59:15 +1000
"Nathaniel Schmidt" <schmidty2244@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am not sure how simple or difficult this problem is to fix but I am
trying to run NVDA from source, and the following problem has been
encountered when executing pythonw nvda.pyw from the command line. Is
anyone able to help? Also sorry if there is already a topic on this
issue: I have been off the list temporarily. I thought I would post
here to see if anyone else is having the issue before creating one on
GitHub:

From log:
---begin---
INFO - __main__ (18:25:49.265) - MainThread (23044):
Starting NVDA version source-master-44d8a31
CRITICAL - __main__ (18:25:49.940) - MainThread (23044):
core failure
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "nvda.pyw", line 214, in <module>
import core
File "core.py", line 31, in <module>
import nvwave
File "nvwave.py", line 15, in <module>
import wx
File "c:\GitInit\njsch\nvda\include\wxPython\wx\__init__.py", line
17, in <module>
from wx.core import *
File "c:\GitInit\njsch\nvda\include\wxPython\wx\core.py", line 12, in <module>
from ._core import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'wx._core'
--end---

At face-value, this sounds to me like a dependency-specific issue with
WXPython's code.
Is anyone else having this issue? Has the classic WXPython submodule
been updated recently?

Also, please note that I have set my cloned njsch/nvda/master branch
to remote-track nvaccess/nvda/master.

Should I pip uninstall wxpython? I don't think I installed it before
successfully creating my python virtual environment for the NVDA
source distribution. Although under the circumstances, I don't really
see how this would make a difference, since the log history indicates
that the nvwave module is looking in the Git submodule-included
dependency directory anyway.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel Schmidt