Re: Passing keys or entering text

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Have you imported the module?

Something like:

from keyboardHandler import KeyboardInputGesture

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 09:58 de 28/05/2020, Sam Byrne escreveu:

Thanks Tyler, I'm going to need a bit more background though as I currently get:

NameError: name 'KeyboardInputGesture' is not defined

I'm still very new to this as explained earlier.

On 28/05/2020 5:38 pm, Tyler Spivey wrote:
KeyboardInputGesture.fromName("shift+insert").send()

On 5/28/2020 12:25 AM, Sam Byrne wrote:
Thanks Julien,

Yes I knew of api.getClipData but how to actually get the info from NVDA
memory to being entered on screen was where I got stuck. I was also
unsure of how to write the actual keys that I want to pass when using
passKey.

Cheers,

Sam

On 28/05/2020 5:14 pm, Julien Cochuyt wrote:
Hi,

Another commonly used standard paste gesture often supported in
terminals is shift+insert
(Insert might need to be doubled to be passed through depending on
your NVDA configuration)

To access the clipboard content programmatically with NVDA, you can
use api.getClipData()

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 09:01, Sam Byrne <sam.byrne.90@...
<mailto:sam.byrne.90@...>> a écrit :

     Hi All,

     I need some direction please on where to start for being able to
     perform
     standard keystrokes as part of my gestures or scripts I'm trying to
     write for a Putty app module. IE, I need to be able to paste the
     clipboard contents into a putty window, but as it is emulating a 3270
     mainframe window, Control+V keystroke isn't accepted. I've tried
     write
     () but that can only be used for adding content to files, not
     windows or
     screens it seems.

     How else could I write, type or import the clipboard text to the
     current
     cursor position? Please provide some basic example code if
     possible, as
     I really have no idea.

     I've done some googling, but anything with using keyboard and
     standard
     python appears overly complicated for what I'm trying to achieve.

     Thanks,

     Sam