Re: Passing keys or entering text

Tyler Spivey

KeyboardInputGesture.fromName("shift+insert").send()

On 5/28/2020 12:25 AM, Sam Byrne wrote:
Thanks Julien,

Yes I knew of api.getClipData but how to actually get the info from NVDA
memory to being entered on screen was where I got stuck. I was also
unsure of how to write the actual keys that I want to pass when using
passKey.

Cheers,

Sam

On 28/05/2020 5:14 pm, Julien Cochuyt wrote:
Hi,

Another commonly used standard paste gesture often supported in
terminals is shift+insert
(Insert might need to be doubled to be passed through depending on
your NVDA configuration)

To access the clipboard content programmatically with NVDA, you can
use api.getClipData()

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 09:01, Sam Byrne <sam.byrne.90@...
<mailto:sam.byrne.90@...>> a écrit :

Hi All,

I need some direction please on where to start for being able to
perform
standard keystrokes as part of my gestures or scripts I'm trying to
write for a Putty app module. IE, I need to be able to paste the
clipboard contents into a putty window, but as it is emulating a 3270
mainframe window, Control+V keystroke isn't accepted. I've tried
write
() but that can only be used for adding content to files, not
windows or
screens it seems.

How else could I write, type or import the clipboard text to the
current
cursor position? Please provide some basic example code if
possible, as
I really have no idea.

I've done some googling, but anything with using keyboard and
standard
python appears overly complicated for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Sam