Re: Passing keys or entering text

Sam Byrne

Thanks Julien,

Yes I knew of api.getClipData but how to actually get the info from NVDA memory to being entered on screen was where I got stuck. I was also unsure of how to write the actual keys that I want to pass when using passKey.

Cheers,

Sam

On 28/05/2020 5:14 pm, Julien Cochuyt wrote:
Hi,

Another commonly used standard paste gesture often supported in terminals is shift+insert
(Insert might need to be doubled to be passed through depending on your NVDA configuration)

To access the clipboard content programmatically with NVDA, you can use api.getClipData()

Best regards,

Julien Cochuyt
Accessolutions

Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 09:01, Sam Byrne <sam.byrne.90@...> a écrit :
Hi All,

I need some direction please on where to start for being able to perform
standard keystrokes as part of my gestures or scripts I'm trying to
write for a Putty app module. IE, I need to be able to paste the
clipboard contents into a putty window, but as it is emulating a 3270
mainframe window, Control+V keystroke isn't accepted. I've tried write
() but that can only be used for adding content to files, not windows or
screens it seems.

How else could I write, type or import the clipboard text to the current
cursor position? Please provide some basic example code if possible, as
I really have no idea.

I've done some googling, but anything with using keyboard and standard
python appears overly complicated for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Sam