Passing keys or entering text

Sam Byrne

Hi All,

I need some direction please on where to start for being able to perform standard keystrokes as part of my gestures or scripts I'm trying to write for a Putty app module. IE, I need to be able to paste the clipboard contents into a putty window, but as it is emulating a 3270 mainframe window, Control+V keystroke isn't accepted. I've tried write () but that can only be used for adding content to files, not windows or screens it seems.

How else could I write, type or import the clipboard text to the current cursor position? Please provide some basic example code if possible, as I really have no idea.

I've done some googling, but anything with using keyboard and standard python appears overly complicated for what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,

Sam