Re: Any chance of compiling NVDA with VSCode?

Brian's Mail list account

So what is vs code for then? Just a quick and dirty way of writing small projects?

From: "James Scholes" <james@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Any chance of compiling NVDA with VSCode?

Pretty sure VS Code is Visual Studio in name only. I.e. it's not a stripped down version of Visual Studio, it's a completely different codebase and application. NVDA needs access to components which ship with Visual Studio, rather than the IDE itself, so this isn't likely to make sense.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 09/05/2020 at 6:00 pm, Alex Hall wrote:
Hey all,
The official way to compile NVDA is with Visual Studio. I've never used that application seriously, but in the last few months, I've come to really enjoy using VSCode. Is there any chance that NVDA could be compiled with VSCode instead of the full-blown Visual Studio application?

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department