Re: Introducing our Google Summer of Code 2020 student: Shubham Jain

Shubham Jain

Hi Pawel!

Yes, chrome already supports getting image descriptions and it is amazing! Given the amount of resources companies like Google has at their disposal, it is impossible for our models to be as good but I think it is a step in the right direction. We can always improve any implementation in the future when computation is easier. Besides, it is always best to not rely on 3rd party services as their terms might change. With an inbuilt implementation, we can provide this function in not just chrome but other browsers  and with local photo-viewing apps!