Re: NVDA 2020 release schedule

Reef Turner

In the past we have aimed for 4 releases a year. The new approach will likely result in a variable number of releases per year. The releases will be smaller but more often. The release process takes a minimum of 6 weeks from first beta until release. That said, releases may be delayed up by high priority issues. Realistically, I don't expect the number of releases to change drastically.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
Sent: Tuesday, 21 April 2020 8:37 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] NVDA 2020 release schedule

Hey Reef,
You said:
--We are aiming for a shorter release cycle, so we will likely start the 2020.2 beta as soon as the 2020.1 release is made.-- So, will it be for always or only for this time? and if it will be persistent, then how many releases we can expect in a year?
Although, I'm interested in having more releases throughout the year.

On 4/21/20, Reef Turner <reef@...> wrote:
The 2020.1 RC is currently blocked waiting for:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/11040