Characters not spoken - Possible bug in latest alpha?

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
Yesterday at work I updated to the latest alpha and then it stopped speaking idividual characters. If I'm in any kind of textbox, i e Notepad, Visual Studio or Thunderbird, when arrowing left or right NVDA doesn't speak the characters.
The same happened today on my machine here at home and regardless what settings I changed the the behaviour persists. I reset the settings to factory default to no avail so I downloaded the 2019.3.1 release and installed it over the existing installation and now it works.

I couldn't stay on the alpha because it made developing in Visual Studio extremely hard and slow because I had to use my eyes.

Is this a known issue?

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
--