Re: Basics

Toni Barth

Am 15.04.2020 um 12:35 schrieb Sam Byrne:
Hi All,

First attempt at Python here so please keep that in mind when
responding. But excited to make something better. In the app module
I'm writing I just need to pass a simple tab keystroke to bring the
focus object into the right area so I can then navigate up the tree to
the correct parent. Or how else can I move the focus quickly into a
different area of the screen? I've googled but not managed to find any
example code or documentation that might help me. The
api.setFocusObject doesn't seem to be quite what I need here.

Next, how do I convert or use the object references NVDAobject.object.
How do I get its name or other properties? This doesn't appear to be
covered in the Developer guide. Seems somewhat central to having a
good understanding as an outsider? An example would be fantastic!

Lastly, is anything in the works to silence the statusbar in
Thunderbird? Seems to be a recent update now actively tells me all
actions which are being completed and constantly reports how many
emails I have. Or will that be my next challenge perhaps?

Easiest solution, although its not a NVDA-related one: turn the status
bar off by going into the View menu and disabling it under Symbols bar.

Best Regards.

Toni Barth

Thanks all,

Sam