Re: Bug in Chromium and Electron apps, can something be done about this taking in to account current circumstances?

Toni Barth

Google already announced that Chrome 81 will be released early to mid of
April, so they just delayed their usual release cycle for about a month.
It can also be tested that Chrome 81 fixes this bug Chrome-side. I don't
know how Electron will handle things, but as far as I understand it, its
still a bug that isn't related to NVDA in special, so it would be a
"feature" that would be totally irrelevant as soon as the bug gets
fixed, so a bit of wasted time.

Best Regards.

Toni Barth

Am 03.04.2020 um 18:07 schrieb Travis Siegel:

This is a bug for sure, I've actually been wondering if anyone else
was having this problem.  At the moment, the only solution I've found
is to alt-tab away, then back to the chrome process, then NVDA reads
the updated page just fine.  No idea why this broke when chrome
updated, they're obviously doing something different in the latest
release, though what that is, Ihaven't a clue.  But, at least there's
a work around until it gets fixed.

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020, mohammad suliman wrote:

Hello dear NVDA developers,Hope you are doing well!

Wanted to ask about the bug in Chrome, in which the user isn't
notified when
the page refreshes. Is the bug a com error like this:
DEBUGWARNING -
NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IA2TextTextInfo._getFormatFieldAndOffsets
(07:10:33.128) - MainThread (18676):
could not get attributes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyc", line 233, in
_getFormatFieldAndOffsets
  File "comtypes\__init__.pyc", line 857, in __call__
  File "comtypesMonkeyPatches.pyc", line 26, in __call__
_ctypes.COMError: (-2147467263, 'Not implemented', (None, None, None, 0,
None))

If this is the case, I saw now this bug in Microsoft Teams after I
minimize
the window and then get back to it. Whatsapp on the desktop has a
similar issue, not sure the same underlying error is also present
there. I
can check if this is interesting.
Now, as I' have heard that Chrome 81 witch addresses this issue won't be
released now due to COVID19, and I am also not sure that Electron
framework
will get the fix, and taking in to account that Electron apps and
Chrome is
widely used, I wonder if something can be done to ease those issues.
I have
noticed that Narrator don't have the Teams issue, not sure about the
others.
I mean to say that it seams that a work around is available? Is that
correct?
I am ready to help with code as much as I can.

Waiting for your response!
keep up the excellent work you are doing!
Mohammad