Re: Caret movement in Android studio

mohammad suliman

Hello Pieter
I will suggest to perform the same steps with the swingset2 application and see what happens. If you encounter the same issue, I think it’ s safe to assume that this is a NVDA bug, if not, then this will be a Studio one IMO.
Let us know how things goes for you.
All the best!
Mohammad

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 15:40 Peter <lecky_lists@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I am using Android studio and it seems that it is not possible to move
caret to review cursor in edits. Is this a bug of nvda or the problem in
accessibility implementation of edit in studio, or may be somewhere in
JAB? Steps to reproduce:
1. open Android Studio and and focus code editor with some code.
2. Move review cursor to some place in the edit, which is different than
caret position, e.g. 5 lines down
3. Try to move caret to review cursor (press twice nvda+shift+bckspc).
Nvda says the character under the review cursor but caret does not move.
I tested also function nvda+shift+f9 (move cursor to saved selection
position) with same results.
I can submit a bug to tracker if this  is a nvda's bug.
Any ideas?
With best and thanks
Peter

--