Re: Helpf for 2019.3 and a dll

Brian's Mail list account

Subtle changes in how data should be presented seem to be quite common in the newer Python.

From: "Alberto Buffolino" <a.buffolino@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2020 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Helpf for 2019.3 and a dll

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io, il 14/02/2020 17.06, ha scritto:
Well, logically, it has to be the change to python version, unless you can find out that the code handing these ports had to be rewritten for the new nvda version.
Alberto:
obviously :) I just solved, anyway. The problem was the DLL accepts bytes string, as str was in Python 2, so I used bytes(strArg.encode(...)) as solution (encoding port in mbcs and cells in raw_unicode_escape, hoping this latter gives no problem).
Alberto