@Noelia, the Task Manager isn't written in Java, so I'm not sure what any Java issues have to do with it.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 06/02/2020 at 2:37 pm, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
How come it works so well in Windows 7, though?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2020 3:20 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] problems opening the task manager
Hi, me too. Maybe related to recent Java support?
This is listened and shown in speech viewer:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin\jabswitch.exe  terminal
The Java Access Bridge has been
If you run source master, not an installed copy, though Java support
is not enabled from NVDA itself, maybe affected by a previous try if
you didn't restart the computer?
David is mentioning some previous issues, but I think this can be different.
Also, years ago NV Access worked on performance issues also related to
task viewer:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/commit/020e3f63349357f06ac1bf7f1c62ac4dd66e99d1 Hope this helps

before open a issue, can someone else try to open the windows task
manager with control+shift+escape, or run taskmgr?

I have encountered serious problems in the task manager dialog using
last NVDA rc3, last alpha and running the source master...

cheers,

--
Chris.