Re: Screen Curtain add-on is officially legacy (end of life) #addonrelease

Hi,
Answered on add-ons list.

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lukasz Golonka
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2019 10:18 AM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Screen Curtain add-on is officially legacy (end of life) #AddonRelease

Hello,

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 09:43:46 -0800
"Joseph Lee" <@joslee> wrote:

The last version of this add-on (released today) will remain on
community add-ons website under {{"legacy" section until NVDA 2019.3 stable is released, at which point it'll be removed.

This decision makes no sense in my opinion. On the one hand we are creating section for legacy add-ons that is add-ons which are not working with the latest NVDA version, but on the other hand, if functionality of these add-ons is incorporated into the core you've decided to remove them when stable version of NVDA containing this feature comes out.
What is the difference between add-on which doesn't work with the latest version of NVDA and add-on which is incorporated into the core, but is still perfectly useful and working for those who cannot use latest version for whatever reason

--
Regards
Lukasz