Re: Refreshable Braille Display Help

derek riemer

Sort of. There are also examples of speech synth drivers lying around. Especially externally. Most are software, but there's a dectalk hardware one somewhere.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 6:32 PM Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

Is this the same process for a speech synthesizer? I have built one, using commercial parts, and would like to make it work with NVDA as well.

I need to rewire it before I can test it, (things came loose while it was on the shelf, since it was originally built as a speech device for my wife, who has a speech defect, but it can just as easily be used as an external synthesizer with minimal reprogramming.

On 11/25/2019 8:25 PM, derek riemer wrote:
Have you downloaded the NVDA source yet? github.com/nvaccess/nvda
In there, under source/brailleDisplayDrivers are some examples. They inherit from the braille.BrailleDisplayDriver class. Reading the nvda design document on the wiki we point to and the developer guide are great first resources. I also wrote this article which might help you at some point. (it's a little out of date now).

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 3:00 PM <just1brill@...> wrote:
We're using a Raspberry Pi, but we could configure it to use PySerial to communicate to Windows. On the normal NVDA forum, we were suggested to make a driver, so we've began on that. I'd appreciate any links to source codes of drivers.

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.