Re: Backwards incompatible change notice: speech and braille - get*TextForProperties -> getProperties*

Brian's Mail list account

I can confirm audio themes is, as it now fails to initialise as I posted elsewhere. Is this just a tidy up of existing code, or for some future use that needs this to be changed.

From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 3:58 PM
Subject: [nvda-devel] Backwards incompatible change notice: speech and braille - get*TextForProperties -> getProperties*

Hi all,

Yesterday a new speech sequence mechanism was incorporated into NVDA master
(alpha) branch, and with it, function names have changed. So if your code
(including add-ons) relies on the following functions, please change it now:

* speech.getSpeechTextForProperties -> speech.getPropertiesSpeech
* braille.getBrailleTextForProperties -> braille.getPropertiesBraile

For add-ons requiring NVDA 2019.3, go ahead and rename these functions in
your modules. For ones needing to support NVDA 2019.2 and earlier, be sure
to perform attribute checks (hasattr).

The following add-ons are affected by this change:

* AudioThemes
* Windows 10 App Essentials
* Possibly more

Thank you.