Re: NVDA add-ons and Python 3: compatibility list updated as of October 24, 2019

Brian's Mail list account

Hi, some of those are not correct, I have toolbars explorer and enhanced Winamp here, both downloaded from the authors links from this list. Can somebody perhaps join the dots and get them either updated on the web site or get them reviewed if required. as I've been using them for some time on Alpha with no issues.

From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 5:56 PM
Subject: [nvda-devel] NVDA add-ons and Python 3: compatibility list updated as of October 24, 2019

Hello NVDA developers and add-on authors,

The list of compatible add-ons (and state of other add-ons) has been updated
based on user requests and recent work by several add-on authors:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

Notable highlights:

* Several add-ons are being ported to Python 3, including AudioThemes,
various add-ons from Noelia Martinez, and others.
* One or two add-ons that are currently not listed on "stable" section
(homepage) are being ported to Python 3, including instant Translate.
* OCR and some other add-ons which displayed "TBD" as their status has
been changed to incompatible.

As for your favorite speech synthesizers, more are boarding the NVDA 2019.3
compatibility train.

IMPORTANT: the compatibility list is a collaboration between users, add-on
authors, and NV Access. If you have any status change requests, please do
let us know so the list can be updated.

One last thing: for those who are unaware, Python 3.8 stable version was
released last week; don't worry about it for now.