From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Karl-Otto
Rosenqvist
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:08 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: [nvda-devel] UIAEventIdsToNVDAEventNames - missing events

Hi!
I'm digging around in the NVDA source in order to understand how it works
and I was hoping on beeing able to use the general UIAutumationEvent to hook
into the UIA_Selection_InvalidatedEvent but after finding the
IUIAutomationEventHandler_HandleAutomationEvent event handler in
_UIAHandler.py my hopes drained.

NVDAEventName=UIAEventIdsToNVDAEventNames.get(eventID,None)
if not NVDAEventName:
return

The UIAEventIdsToNVDAEventNames dictionary doesn't contain the event id I
was looking for and therefore I think I'm stuck.

Is that a correct observation or can I hook into the general UIAutomation
event a different way?
Could anyone explain why the mentioned dictionary is limited to a certain
set of event ids and thus limiting the developers who would like to extend
NVDA?

Hopefully it's my lack of knowledge of Python and NVDA programming that
comes to light here.

Kind regards

Karl-Otto

--