Hmm.. Anyone had issues restarting Alpha snaps today?

Brian's Mail list account

I did a download yesterday, and found that it locked the machine up after the rising tones to load it. I rebooted the installed stable and that took an age to come up, one assumes it had to force closure. This morning another alpha update and the same thing happened again. Now of course once it has worked once, you get no further issues so I'm thinking it might be something to do with writing to a file which of course cannot be logged if it cannot write to it. This is Windows 7, but I do not know apart from one very useful change, of anything that might appear to cause this for me, as updates seem to have been fine for weeks till now.