Re: Names of mouse events?

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist

Hi!
There’s a grid I’m trying to make accessible and if you click on it so it gains focus it speaks its selection. Because I’ve implemented gestures for the arrow keys I make it speak its selection when the user moves around in the grid with the keyboard. I’d like to make it speak if you use the mouse to change the selection so if I could trap the mouse down event I could call my method ReadGridSelection.

An alternative I could assign the SelectionInvalidated UIA event instead. That way I could skip the keyboard gestures and let the UIA event trigger the speech. The problem is that I know how to do this in C# but not how it’s done in an app module in Python and there’s no documentation that I’ve found.

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
0701-75 98 56

Även om det är ett äpple på baksidan så får du inte tugga på min mobil!

16 okt. 2019 kl. 23:12 skrev James Scholes <james@...>:

What exactly are you trying to do? It doesn't seem like it should be NVDA's responsibility to handle mouse input within a separate application, create click targets, etc. The fact that the gain focus event works, and that you can technically create handlers for space and enter to click on stuff from a keyboard perspective, are just side effects of NVDA's inner workings.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 16/10/2019 at 9:18 pm, Karl-Otto Rosenqvist wrote:
Hi!
I'd like to act upon mouse down/click on a control that I have an overlay class for in order to get NVDA to read its contents. I've implemented the event_gainFocus and that works the when the control gets focused regardless of if it's due to a mouse click or tabbing into it. I'd like to make it speak when it already has focus and the user clicks in a different spot on the control.
I haven't found any add-ons or examples on the web that I could learn from, unfortunately, and as far as I know there's no list of events somewhere?
Kind regards
Karl-Otto