Re: Names of mouse events?

James Scholes

What exactly are you trying to do? It doesn't seem like it should be NVDA's responsibility to handle mouse input within a separate application, create click targets, etc. The fact that the gain focus event works, and that you can technically create handlers for space and enter to click on stuff from a keyboard perspective, are just side effects of NVDA's inner workings.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 16/10/2019 at 9:18 pm, Karl-Otto Rosenqvist wrote:
Hi!
I'd like to act upon mouse down/click on a control that I have an overlay class for in order to get NVDA to read its contents. I've implemented the event_gainFocus and that works the when the control gets focused regardless of if it's due to a mouse click or tabbing into it. I'd like to make it speak when it already has focus and the user clicks in a different spot on the control.
I haven't found any add-ons or examples on the web that I could learn from, unfortunately, and as far as I know there's no list of events somewhere?
Kind regards
Karl-Otto