Re: Oldschool Highlight Tracking

Brian's Mail list account

Might be of interest to anyone who has some knowledge if you can name the program and version. Is it still available?

Please address personal email to:-

From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2019 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Oldschool Highlight Tracking

Hi, hope someone completes the answer.
You my find ideas from the poedit app module, though it tracks bold list items:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/appModules/poedit.py

Also, you may look at DisplayModelTextInfo class:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/displayModel.py

Not sure if this will be useful for you. Just as a suggestion.

Cheers

Hello. I have a Windows app which uses highlight tracking to mark the
position in a list. SO to NVDA, it sees all of the items in the list as
text. The selected item is in a different color than the others.

Window-Eyes, for one, had a way to do highlight tracking since this was
more common in older apps.

Is there a way to take an object and grab the text of a specific color?
I am still pretty new to add-ons, but it seems like textinfos may be
able to do something similar.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Best regards,