Re: Oldschool Highlight Tracking

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, hope someone completes the answer.
You my find ideas from the poedit app module, though it tracks bold list items:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/appModules/poedit.py

Also, you may look at DisplayModelTextInfo class:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/displayModel.py

Not sure if this will be useful for you. Just as a suggestion.

Cheers

Hello. I have a Windows app which uses highlight tracking  to mark the
position in a list. SO to NVDA, it sees all of the items in the list as
text. The selected item is in a different color than the others.

Window-Eyes, for one, had a way to do highlight tracking since this was
more common in older apps.

Is there a way to take an object and grab the text of a specific color?
I am still pretty new to add-ons, but it seems like textinfos may be
able to do something similar.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Best regards,