Anyway, I think that add-ons not compatible with the last stable version of NVDA should be only used for special and justified reasons. Since people should be encouraged to update NVDA.
Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 28 sept 2019, a las 22:14, Joseph Lee <@joslee> escribió:

Hi,
The compatibility range flag will become important once people start implementing the server component of add-on updating facility in NVDA in the future.

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:12 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Proposal: enforce minimum and last tested NVDA version flags for add-on reviews and certification upon 2019.3 release?

Personally, I think that setting a last tested version to a non inexistent version is just acceptable for add-ons under development, not stable.
For this reason, and for the fact that I prefer to wait for possible changes made in NVDA before releasing the beta version, I prefer not to release even development versions of my add-ons declaring them compatible with NVDA 2019.3 until beta versions of NVDA are released.
But I think that the name latst tested version is descriptible and precisse, and it is an internal metadata only show when we press the about button of add-ons in the add-on manager, like the add-on name.
This is not a flag, imo, intended to be known by users unless they decide to look the add-on metadata. This is to be use in NVDA as an internal flag.

Cheers

El 28/09/2019 a las 20:26, Travis Siegel escribió:
Yeah, but the problem we're running into now, and no doubt in the
future it will get worse, is the fact that your latest tested version
flag defaults to the next release version. What happens when there's
a major change, (or even a minor one) that causes something to behave
differently. Setting the last tested version to a release that hasn't
happened yet is misinformation at best, and downright lying at worst.
if I'm a writer of an add-on, I sure wouldn't agree that my last
tested version is for one that hasn't happened yet, since I personally
haven't tested it on that version. You're mislabeling the flag, and
that needs to be fixed, since it's impossible to know for a fact that
your add on is compatible with a release that hasn't even happened yet.

On 9/28/2019 2:06 PM, Noelia Ruiz wrote:
Imo the current name is right, since the latest tested version can be
minor of the latest supported version. For example, you probably will
not to update the tested version in the manifest for developer
toolkit after when NVDA 2019.-4 is released, unless the api o NVDA
has important deletions and NV Access incrennt the value for the bac
compatibility.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 28 sept 2019, a las 17:53, Andy B. <sonfire11@...> escribió:

Why don't we change lastTestedNVDAVersion to
maximumSupportedNVDABersion to align with the
minimumSupportedNVDAVersion flag? The purpose is much more clearly
stated and is self-documenting. After all, the last tested NVDA
version is nothing more than the upper limit on what the add-on
author is willing to support.

Andy Borka
Accessibility Engineer