Re: Visual studio version

Brian's Mail list account

I suppose you could prove it by using jaws demo and see if it works differently?

From: "Karl-Otto Rosenqvist" <Karl-otto@...>
To: <nvda-devel@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2019 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Visual studio version

Hi!
I’m using NVDA with both Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 and it works quite well.
The most annoying thing is that Visual Studio compiles your code in the background and that takes quite a lot of processing power so NVDA stops talking sometimes.
This occurs when moving in the solution tree with the keyboard and when a file is selected Visual Studio automatically opens it in the editor which seems to be a heavy task. It’s probably NVDA that processes the text in the file that’s beeing shown in the editor and that’s why it stops talking.

When I build a solution and there are errors that’s shown in the error list there’s a looong silence before NVDA starts talking again. That’s probably the compilation that kills it.

I’ve tried to lower the execution priority for the compiler and ide and increased the priority of NVDA but it tidn’t make any difference.

Kind regards

Karl-Otto
0701-75 98 56

Även om det är ett äpple på baksidan så får du inte tugga på min mobil!

31 aug. 2019 kl. 05:51 skrev Luke Davis <luke@...>:

You may want to search the archives, this question has come up before. I believe the answer was that it's fine to use 2019, but there was a small issue or two. I can't remember exactly.

Luke
On Fri, 30 Aug 2019, Tage Johansson wrote:

Do I need visual studio 2017 specificly or is it fine to use visual studio 2019?
Best regards,
Tage
--
Luke Davis