Re: Excel: Three Small Fixes

Luke Davis

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Jim Homme wrote:

Would this be something too small for an add-on? I’m wishing for three things to happen in Excel and thinking of attempting to change them. I’m unsure if I
can do this based on my Python knowledge, but I’m annoyed enough to try.
To answer your original question: personally, I don't know why those things shouldn't be done in an add-on.

Thing one, the order of header vs. cell contents, should hopefully make it into core at some point. But that may not happen quickly enough if you just set out to make it a PR against core.

After you've addressed your particular troublesome issues, you might also consider, for some future version of your add-on, addressing one of the other Excel annoyances out there: switching worksheets, and viewing the worksheet list, via F6. This can only be done currently via NVDA+F7, alt+f, arrow to sheets, tab to the list. However a single press of F6, is the intended (by Microsoft) keyboard shortcut for accessing that list.

See a discussion about it here: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/moving_between_worksheets_in/31955276?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,31955276

Luke