From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:19 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Add-on Updater 19.08 released, first of two
mandatory updates for everyone #AddonRelease

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019, Joseph Lee wrote:

I think a better way to phrase this might be that "None" should be the
default unless noted otherwise by the author. In my case, None is
default
But the author is the one doing the noting in buildVars.py, and so the
resulting confusion factor is unchanged.
That still leaves a variable to the discretion of the author, who may have
no idea what he should want it to be.

It is nowhere made clear how the channel is used internally by NVDA, or the
scripts behind the community add-ons site, or anything else.

Perhaps we should say:

# Add-on update channel: set to None unless you really know what you are
doing

Luke