Re: Query regarding the porting of NVDA to Python3

Hi,

This also means storing at least two binaries on the server, which might not be ideal if one wishes to create a portable copy that can run anywhere.

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:44 PM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Query regarding the porting of NVDA to Python3

Hi Joseph,

In that case, couldn't there be a web installer, which checks operating system version, and downloads the correct version based on that information? Firefox for example does this.

On 7/31/2019 10:25 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I think we discussed this at length a while ago, and consensus is that it is better to keep them as one for ease of portability.