Re: Query regarding the porting of NVDA to Python3

Hi,

Another downside is that x64 NVDA build won’t run on ARM64 on older Windows 10 releases because the emulator only supports x86 32-bit, although moving to 64-bit means a native ARM build becomes theoretically possible.

From: nvda-devel@groups.io <nvda-devel@groups.io> On Behalf Of Leonard de Ruijter
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:07 AM
To: nvda-devel@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-devel] Query regarding the porting of NVDA to Python3

Hello,

As far as I"m aware, there are currently no plans to create an x64 version of NVDA. No one stops anyone from putting some research into it, but I think the benefits it would have are mostly theoretical ones. It should be noted that we wouldn't be able to cover x86 systems with such a build of NVDA, so that's probably the most major reason not to investigate it further at this time.

Regards,

Leonard