Re: Query regarding the porting of NVDA to Python3

Robert Hänggi

I'm not aware of a 64 bit version I note that Even Jaws has bits in 32 and
bits in 64 bit. I guess this raises a whole new set of issues about
threading and memory use etc though.
I don't think so. The communication for NVDA64 should be easier
because it can work with the 48 bits of the 64bit pointers and cast to
32 bit for the other applications.
Also, it would make its memory in the lower 2 GB allocation available
for other 32-bit applications and thus unblocking a possible
performance bottle neck.

But of course, Murphys law strikes in the most unusual ways back.
Robert

Please address personal email to:-